Ticker Zone Ticker

Sunday, September 20, 2009

a weekend for the books...

This is the kind of weekend I live for! Friday Mike came into town, we got yummy Mexican food, and just enjoyed the company.
Saturday I taught class then sweated my ass off in Little Red Riding Hood, which was so much fun because so many people whom I love were there, and it was fun to perform. Then Mike and I went to Color Me Mine. I LOVE this place. I painted a cookie jar and Mike painted a sugar bowl. Now painting and creativity makes me calm down, and be zen. But Mike on the other hand, plans out every single brush stroke. He ponders over his colors, and he stresses about stencils. It was very funny.... he is SOOOOOOO left brained. We then went to build a bear because Mike's niece Cadence is turning one, so we decided to make her a special bunny, which once again turned into an over thinking fest for Mike.... but we walked away with a cute gift. Then we got all of the makings for some AMAZING homemade pizza's. I recreated the James Dean pizza from Charlie's in Yankton, although we put so much garlic on it I had garlic monsters in my stomach all night.
Then as Mike and I were wonderin around craigslist we came across a listing for a place in Colonial Park.... it looked awesome...with a GREAT deal. So we made an appointment to see it today at noon. We looked at a couple apartments in the complex then we looked at one that was GREAT! Great rent, first month free, they allow cats, a swimming pool, AC, washer/dryer in the apartment, first floor... so we filled out the paperwork. AAAAAAHHHH!!! We might have an apartment by the end of the week! SHUT UP! I am so excited. I know it will be harder for Mike to get to work, and I know he now has a commute and I could not love him more for being willing to drive, and I could not feel more blessed.
I am now planning where all of our stuff will go, and I am planning the first party. It is amazing how life and God works. I was just thinking on Thursday.... what IF the budget gets passed in PA and Gamut CAN hire another actress before I move in November, what then? Then on Friday a budget was passed... the arts council is included.... and we might be rallying.... GO ARTS.... and I am getting this huge dream given to me. I get to live with the guy I love and I get to see his face every single morning... if that isn't a blessing in SPADES... I do not know what is. So now we wait to make sure we pass all the checks the complex runs.

ooooo I am so elated!

1 comment: