Ticker Zone Ticker

Monday, May 17, 2010

Home

This last weekend took me home to SD for my Grandpa's funeral. It wasn't totally unexpected but it was still a very hard weekend. The funeral was beautiful and was very Grandpa. So many people were there to share memories or give hugs, it was a very wonderful tribute. Every time I venture home I am amazed at the lifestyle and the people. Just sitting on a porch for 20 minutes drinking coffee on a Friday morning and not seeing another soul, is totally foreign where I now live. I am always taken aback at how many people I know in my hometown and how I can never go anywhere without running into someone I know. It is like a gift. This weekend was very hard but at the same time very renewing. My Grandpa was a "good ole boy" and his lessons will forever live in me.
So, with Grandpa in mind I came home to PA and I had a new sense of family and love, and hard work. Mike and I are still in the middle of the Minneapolis move. We have hit a couple of hurdles, like losing out on a fantastic job, and kind of being out of options for jobs for Mike. So we are committed to moving to MN, but maybe we can't be IN the city just now. Maybe Mike needs to get a great job outside of the city and get some experience and work at a great company. So we are figuring out how to bend. The most important part is that we are together. Growing up is tough. I feel like I am making decisions that will impact not only me, but Mike and our future family. It's tough, and tricky. I know that many people are going to want to give their advice and some people are just going to want to judge. We just have to stay strong and work towards the big picture.
I wish there was a road map for all of this, and I also wish I had a genie in a bottle, OR an easy button. sheeh.

No comments:

Post a Comment