Ticker Zone Ticker

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Glee

So, a lot around me is changing and swirling and... well... changing. I know that the last post was about Lost, and this one will be about Glee. Like I said, I am an emotional creature.

The last 2 weeks of Glee they have explored the relationship of Rachel, Lea Michele and her biological mother, whom we now know is Shelby, Idina Menzel. Last week we saw that Shelby was looking for Rachel and slipped a tape of her singing I Dreamed A Dream into Rachel's baby stuff and now this week, they met, and also decided it was too hard to be together, so they will think of each other fondly from a far.

I am not going to get into the story, because frankly it is WAY to close to home. But I will say that my adoption story has been pretty well played out on Fox for the last 2 weeks. It has been hard, and enlightening to watch but it has given me a sense of "normalcy". There is so much of our story in that story line, there is so much they said that I wish I could have said. There are so many moments that I wish I had. The simple act of singing together, shared dream. So if you watch this show and think... how far FETCHED! Two actresses separated by one degree coming together in drama and talent, singing Les Mis, longing for things that are no longer graspable. Yeah, it happens. It's happening. And it hurts, every, single, day.

So if I were to give one person a hug right now, it would be her, then it would be Glee's creator Ryan Murphy.

No comments:

Post a Comment